How do I Check my virus protection on Windows 10?
1. Open Windows Security by clicking the Start button and then clicking Windows Security in your start menu.
2. Select Virus & threat protection.
3. Under Virus & threat protection settings, click Manage settings.
4. Review the available settings to identify and make changes to any settings related to virus and threat protection.
How to enable jumbo frames in Windows 10?
1.Right-click the Start menu and select Network Connections.
2. Right-click the active network connection, select Properties, and then select the Configure button.
3. Select the Advanced tab and select Jumbo Packet from the Property box.
4. Select the Value field and set it to the desired value (e.g. 9014 bytes).
5. Select OK to save the changes and close the Network Connections dialog.
6. Reboot the system for the changes to take effect.
How to install VMware on Windows 10?
1. Download the VMware Workstation Pro installation file from the VMware website.
2. Double-click on the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install.
3. When prompted, accept all license agreements.
4. When instructed, enter your product key to activate the program.
5. Once the installation has completed, launch VMware and select the “Create a New Virtual Machine” option.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions to set up the virtual machine.
7. Once the virtual machine has been created, you can begin using VMware.
How do I Find my Network connections in Windows 7?
1. Click the Start button and select Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window, select the option for Network and Internet.
3. On the Network and Sharing Center page, select the option for Change Adapter Settings in the left menu.
4. A window will open with a list of your Network Connections. You can select any of the connections to view more information or make changes.
How do I add a server connection to Windows 10?
1. Open the Start menu and type “Control Panel”, then click “System and Security”.
2. Click “System”, then on the left side of the window click “Remote Settings”.
3. On the Remote tab, select “Allow Remote Connections”.
4. Select the “Allow Remote Assistance” check box and click OK.
5. Open “Run” and type “mstsc /addserver” and press Enter.
6. Enter the name or IP address of the server you want to add and then press enter.
7. Enter the username and password for the server connection, then press OK.
You have now successfully added a server connection to your Windows 10.
How do I update drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?
1. Open the Start menu and type “Device Manager” in the search box.
2. Select “Device Manager” from the search results.
3. Expand the category of device that you need to update, such as “Display adapters”
4. Right-click the device and select “Properties.”
5. Click the “Driver” tab and click “Update Driver.”
6. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the updating process. Depending on the manufacturer of your device and the version of Windows 10 that is installed on your computer, these instructions can vary.
7. Once the update process is complete, restart your computer.
How to block Microsoft Store in Windows 10?
1. Open the Local Group Policy Editor by opening the Run dialog box (press Windows Key+R) and type "gpedit.msc".
2. Once the Group Policy Editor is open, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Store.
3. Select the "Turn off the Store application" setting and set it to "Enabled".
4. This will block access to the Microsoft Store from your Windows 10 PC.
What is the Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows Server technical preview update?
The Windows 10 Technical Preview and Windows Server Technical Preview are both early versions of their respective products that Microsoft has released to the public so that people can test the functionality of the software in a controlled environment. These early versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server come with several new features and improvements that have yet to be officially released. Microsoft encourages people to provide feedback during their testing of the technical preview in order to help perfect the software prior to its full production rollout.
How to manage credentials in Windows 10?
1. Use an Automated Password Manager
A password manager is an automated program that stores and encrypts user passwords so they can easily be accessed and used without having to remember them manually.
2. Use a Unique Password for Each Account
A unique password should be used for each and every account in Windows 10. Using the same password for multiple accounts makes them vulnerable to hacks.
3. Use Two-Factor Authentication
Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring a second form of authentication, usually via a mobile app or a text message, prior to allowing access to your account.
4. Use Longer and Complex Passwords
Using longer and complex passwords is the best way to protect your accounts from attacks. Long and complex passwords are harder to guess and harder to brute-force.
5. Regularly Change Your Passwords
It’s a good idea to regularly change your passwords in order to ensure maximum safety. This will help to prevent against any attempts to guess or brute-force your passwords.
How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?
1. Open the Settings app, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
2. Click/tap on Family & other users on the left side, and click/tap on the user (ex: Local account user) you want to delete (remove) on the right side under Other users. (see screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on the Remove button. (see screenshot below)
4. If asked if you're sure you want to remove this user, click/tap on the Delete account and data button. (see screenshot below)
5. The user (ex: Local account user) has now been removed (deleted) from Windows 10. (see screenshot below)