How to fix Windows 10 not responding?
1. Check for and install available Windows updates:
You can check for and install available Windows updates by going to the Settings app and then selecting “Update & Security” and then “Check for updates.”
2. Scan and remove malware:
Run a full system scan with a malware removal tool to check for and remove any malicious programs that may be causing Windows 10 to not respond.
3. Check your storage and RAM:
Check your system storage and RAM to make sure that there are no issues related to the available memory on your computer.
4. Reinstall the problematic app, program, or driver:
If the issue is only occurring with a specific app, program, or driver, try reinstalling it.
5. Reset Windows:
If all other options fail, you may need to reset Windows 10.
Can I still use Windows 7 after end of support?
Yes, you can still use Windows 7 after the end of support, however you will no longer receive any security updates or patches. This means that, while Windows 7 will continue to function, any new security vulnerabilities that are discovered may not be addressed. It is therefore recommended that you upgrade to a newer version of Windows (such as Windows 10) for the best security and performance.
What if my Windows 10 product key is scratched?
If the key is scratched to the point of being illegible, then you will likely have to contact Microsoft's support team to request a new key. Microsoft usually asks for proof of purchase before issuing a new key, so make sure you have that available.
How to fix Google Chrome not responding on Windows 10?
1. Check for updates: Check for updates for Google Chrome, Windows, and any installed antivirus software.
2. Advanced Settings: Check the status of Chrome’s advanced settings like hardware acceleration and network prediction. If hardware acceleration is enabled, disable it from Chrome’s settings and see if it resolves the issue.
3. Reinstall Chrome: If none of the above options work, then try reinstalling Chrome. To do this, go to the Control Panel and uninstall Chrome from there. Then download the latest version from here and reinstall it.
4. Restart Windows: Restarting Windows can also be a possible solution to this problem. Restarting your computer can clear any corrupted files that may have been causing problems.
5. Malware Scan: Run a scan with a powerful anti-malware software. Malware and viruses can often cause crashes and freezes in Chrome.
6. Reset Chrome: Reset your Chrome by going to Menu > Settings > Advanced > Reset and then select Reset. This will reset all settings and remove Chrome extensions, which can sometimes cause issues.
How do I set up OneDrive personal vault on Windows 10?
1. Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 10 device and search for ‘OneDrive’.
2. Select the OneDrive app and install it.
3. Launch the app and log in to your Microsoft account.
4. Select the ‘Vault’ tab at the bottom of the app window.
5. Select ‘Create a vault’ and follow the setup prompts.
6. To save content to your Vault, choose ‘Add files’ or ‘Add photos’.
7. Once you’ve saved content to your Vault, you can access it from the OneDrive app or through the OneDrive website.
How to import foreign disks in Windows 10?
1. Open the Start menu, search for "Disk Management" and click on the "Create and format hard disk partitions" option.
2. Right-click on the new hard drive and select "Import Foreign Disks".
3. Select the foreign disks you'd like to import and click on "OK".
4. Wait while Windows 10 imports the foreign disks.
5. Once the import is complete, the new disks will be available in the Disk Management window.
What is a Windows 8 rollup?
A Windows 8 rollup is a cumulative update that includes all the previous Windows updates and security patches released for Windows 8 operating systems. Microsoft releases rollups once a month, making it easier for users to keep their systems up to date.
How to check GPU usage on Windows 10?
1. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously to open Task Manager.
2. Click the Performance tab.
3. Select GPU from the left-hand side menu.
4. You can view the GPU usage in the form of a graph.