How to type without keyboard Windows 7?
There are a number of alternatives to using the keyboard and entering data on a computer.
1. On-screen keyboard – Windows 7 and earlier has an on-screen keyboard utility that can be used by clicking Start > All Programs > Accessories > Accessibility > On-Screen Keyboard.
2. Mouse/Trackpad – You can use the mouse or trackpad to navigate around the screen, select and type into text boxes, click buttons and drag sliders to provide input.
3. Voice recognition – Windows has a built in voice recognition system that can be used to convert speech into text.
4. Handwriting recognition – Using a tablet or touchscreen, you can write words, numbers and symbols with your finger, stylus or other input device, and the computer will recognise and convert it into text.
5. Eye tracker – For people with mobility impairments, an eye tracker can be used to control the cursor and select options on the computer.
6. Alternative input devices – For more unusual input needs, alternative input devices such as mouth sticks, joysticks and switches can be used to control the computer.
How to view event logs Windows 10?
1. Press the Windows key and type “Event Viewer” and hit enter.
2. Click on “Windows Logs” in the left side menu.
3. Choose which type of log you would like to view from the list.
4. Select the event log in the center of the window.
5. View the logs in the list to the right side of the window. (You can filter the list by clicking the arrow beside the column headings.)
6. If necessary, you can export the log or save it to an XML file.
How to use SwiftKey in Windows 10?
1. Download and install the SwiftKey app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store.
2. Open the SwiftKey app.
3. At the bottom right of the window, click on the ‘+’ (plus) sign to add the keyboard to your system, then follow the prompts to finish the setup process.
4. Open the Window settings and select the ‘Time & Language’ option.
5. Go to the ‘Input method’ section, then click on the ‘+’ (plus) sign to add the SwiftKey keyboard to your list of available keyboards.
6. Select the SwiftKey keyboard from the list of available keyboards.
7. Start typing with your SwiftKey keyboard to enjoy its features!
How to turn on presentation settings in Windows 8?
To turn on presentation settings in Windows 8:
1. On the Desktop, press the Win + I keys, or move the mouse cursor to the bottom right corner and right click on the Start icon.
2. Click on the Control Panel option and select “Hardware & Sound”.
3. Click on the “Power Options” link.
4. Select the “Choose What the Power Buttons Do” link.
5. Under “Power Button Settings” select “Presentation Settings”, and then click the “Save Changes” button.
6. Now the Presentation Settings are enabled and you can set it to either “On” or “Off”.
How to fix corrupted C drive in Windows 10?
1. Run CHKDSK
The first thing you should do to fix a corrupted C drive in Windows 10 is to run CHKDSK. CHKDSK is the Command Prompt utility that can be used to check your hard drive for errors or corruptions. To do this, open the Command Prompt as administrator, type "chkdsk c: /f /r" and press the Enter key.
2. Run SFC Scan
The next step is to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to find and repair any system files that may be damaged or missing. To do this, open the Command Prompt again and type in "sfc /scannow" and press the Enter key.
3. Use System Restore
If all else fails, you can try using the built-in System Restore feature to revert your system back to an earlier state. To do this, search for "Create a restore point" in the Windows 10 search bar, click on the "System Restore" option and follow the on-screen instructions.
How to check disk space usage in Windows 8?
1. Press the Windows Key+X to open the Quick Link Menu, then choose File Explorer.
2. Select your local drive to open a list of all folders and files.
3. Right-click on your local drive and select Properties.
4. In the Properties window, locate the pie chart in the middle and check your disk space usage.
How do I restore my Windows 10 operating system?
There are a few different ways to restore your Windows 10 operating system. 1. Use the Reset This PC feature. 2. Restore using a recovery drive or installation media. 3. Restore from a system restore point. 4. Use System Image Recovery. 5. Reinstall Windows 10 from scratch.
How to remove disk mirror in Windows 10 without losing data?
1. Open Disk Management by typing “diskmgmt.msc” into the Run dialog box or in the Cortana search box.
2. Select the drive you want to break the mirror from. Right-click on the drive and select “Break Mirrored Volume.”
3. Confirm the break mirror operation.
4. Once the break mirror operation is complete you will have two un-mirrored drives.
5. Right-click on the drive you no longer want and select “Delete Volume.”
6. Confirm the deletion operation.
7. The deleted drive will show unallocated space. You can now use this space on the drive or create a new partition.
How do I repair a disk in Windows 10?
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Right-click on the disk that needs repair and select Properties.
3. Go to the Tools tab in the dialog that appears.
4. Select Check from the list of options.
5. Wait for the scan to finish.
6. Once the scan is complete, choose Repair from the list and follow the prompts to fix any errors found.
7. Wait for the repair process to finish.
8. Once complete, restart your computer and the disk should now be repaired.