How to increase the number of recent items in Windows 10?
1. Open the Start Menu and type “settings” into the search bar.
2. Open the Settings window and select “Personalization”.
3. Select the “Start” tab, then click “Choose how many recent items to display” under “Show recently opened items in jump lists on Start or the taskbar”.
4. Select the number of items to be displayed, anywhere from 0 to 20.
5. Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save your changes.
How to add administrative tools on Windows 8 Start screen?
1. Open the Charms bar by pressing Windows button + C on your keyboard.
2. Select the Settings charm and then choose Change PC Settings.
3. Click the Search and Apps link.
4. Click the App results section.
5. Set Show administrative tools to On and then click OK.
6. Return to your Start screen and navigate to the Apps section.
7. Scroll to the bottom to find the Administrative Tools icon.
What is the maximum number of connections allowed on Windows 10?
The maximum number of connections allowed on Windows 10 depends on the version and edition of Windows 10. On all Home versions, the maximum number of connections allowed is 10. On Windows 10 Pro, Education and Enterprise versions, the maximum number of connections allowed is 20.
How to fix Windows 10 Update 1709 fail to install?
1. Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
Press the Windows key, type “Troubleshoot”, and then select “Troubleshoot” from the list.
Select “Windows Update” from the list of troubleshooters and click “Run the troubleshooter”.
Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve any detected issues.
2. Remove the temporary Windows Update related files:
Press the Windows key + R.
Type in “%windir%\SoftwareDistribution” and press Enter.
Select all the files and folders in the folder, except the “Download” folder and delete them.
Reboot your computer.
3. Reset Windows Update Components:
Press the Windows key + R.
Type in “cmd”, and then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run the command prompt as an administrator.
Type in the following commands and press Enter after each one to execute them:
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
4. Reset the Computer
Select the Start button, type “reset this PC”, and then select it from the list of results.
Select “Get Started” and choose “Keep my files”. Follow the instructions on the screen.
After resetting, try to install Windows 10 Update 1709 again.
What is the difference between Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 LTSB?
Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 LTSB (Long-Term Servicing Branch) are both editions of Windows 10 that are targeted at enterprise customers. Windows 10 Enterprise provides access to all of the features available in Windows 10, including the latest features, security updates, and software updates. Windows 10 LTSB is a specialized version of Windows 10 Enterprise that offers long-term stability with no feature updates or changes, just security updates over a long period of time. This is ideal for embedded systems and machines with specialized software that cannot risk changes or incompatibilities.
How to unpin a tile in Windows 10?
To unpin a tile from the Windows 10 Start Menu, simply right-click on the tile and select "Unpin from Start" from the context menu. Alternatively, you can move your mouse cursor over the tile and click the "Unpin" icon that appears at the bottom-right of the tile.
How to use Windows 10 laptop as second monitor?
1. Download Spacedesk from the official website: https://www.spacedesk.net/download
2. Install the program on both the laptop and the computer you want to use as a second monitor.
3. Once installed, the computer will be listed as a "Multi-Monitor Server" on your laptop.
4. Right-click the icon in the Spacedesk taskbar and select “Connect as Monitor.”
5. Your laptop will now be used as a second monitor! To adjust the display resolution and other settings, select the “Preferences” option in Spacedesk.
What is wired Autoconfig in Windows 10?
Wired Autoconfig is a feature available on Windows 10 that allows users to set up and configure their wired network connection without having to go through the troubleshooting steps. The feature can automatically detect available networks and configure the connection over one, eliminating the need for users to enter in the required settings manually. It also allows them to easily switch networks or change network settings without having to worry about configuration process. This feature is built in to Windows 10 and does not require any additional software.
Why can't I open Nero Files on Windows 10?
Nero Files (or Nero Burning Rom) is an application designed for older versions of Windows operating systems such as Windows 7 and Windows XP. It is not compatible with newer versions such as Windows 10. To open Nero files on Windows 10, you would need to use another program that has the necessary support.