How to enable macros in Excel?
1. Open the Excel workbook that contains the macros you want to enable.
2. Click the Developer tab. If it isn’t visible, click File | Options | Customize Ribbon, and check the Developer box under Main Tabs in the list.
3. Click the Macros button in the Code group.
4. Click the checkbox next to the name of the macro(s) you want to enable, then click the Enable button.
5. Click OK. The macros you selected are now enabled and ready to use.
How to convert hyperlinks to plain text in Excel?
To convert hyperlinks in an Excel spreadsheet to plain text, you will need to first select the cells containing the hyperlinks. Then right-click the selection and select the "Remove Hyperlinks" option. This will remove the link and replace it with the plain text value of the link.
How do I unlock a range in Excel?
1. Select the range of cells to unlock.
2. Click the “Review” tab if it is not already open.
3. Click the “Unprotect Sheet” button on the ribbon.
4. Enter the password to unlock the cells (if protected with a password).
5. Click “OK” to unlock the range.
What is form controls combo box in Excel?
In Excel, a form control combo box is a drop-down menu that allows the user to select from a range of options. The combo box is typically used to search for and select specific records within a worksheet or to enter a custom value. It is an ideal way to provide the user with a list of options to choose from, while also allowing them to quickly enter their own value if desired.
How do you sort columns in Excel?
1. Select the column or columns you want to sort.
2. Go to the Data tab and click the Sort command.
3. In the Sort dialog box, click the Options button.
4. Select whether you want to sort by Row or Column, then choose which column to sort by.
5. Select whether you want to sort in ascending or descending order.
6. Click OK to sort the columns.
How to expand Excel spreadsheet?
1. Adjust Spreadsheet Columns - Adjust column and row widths to better fit your data. You can manually adjust column width by hovering your mouse to the column separator and dragging it either to the left or right to widen or shrink the column width.
2. Add Rows and Columns - To add new rows or columns, go to Insert option in the Home tab of the ribbon, and click on Insert Sheet Rows or Insert Sheet Columns.
3. Split Cells - To split cells in Excel, select the cell or cells you want to split, go to Data tab in the Ribbon, and click on the “Text to Columns” option.
4. Merge Cells - To easily merge cells in Excel, select the two or more cells you want to merge, and then click on the Merge & Center option in the Home tab in the Ribbon.
5. Freeze Rows and Columns - To freeze rows and columns in Excel, select the row or column you want to freeze, go to the View tab in the ribbon, and click on the “Freeze Panes” option.
6. Apply Conditional Formatting - To apply conditional formatting, select the data you want to format, go to Home tab in the Ribbon and click on Conditional Formatting, and then choose a rule.
7. Sort and Filter Data - To sort or filter the data in an Excel spreadsheet, select the data you want to sort or filter, go to the Data tab in the Ribbon, and then click on the Sort or Filter option.
8. Insert Pictures, Charts and Diagrams - To insert pictures, charts and diagrams in an Excel spreadsheet, go to the Insert tab in the Ribbon, and then click on the image, chart, and SmartArt graphic you want to insert.
How do you count unique cells in Excel?
To count the number of unique cells in Excel, you can use the UNIQUE function, which will count the number of distinct (unique) values in a range. To use the function, simply select a cell, enter "=UNIQUE(range)", and replace range with the range of cells you want to count. For example, =UNIQUE(A1:A20) will count the number of distinct cells in Column A from A1 to A20.
how to remove formatting in excel
1. Select the cells you want to format.
2. On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click the arrow next to the Clear All button and select Clear Formats. This can be found on the Home tab of the ribbon in the Editing group.
3. Alternatively, you can select the cells you want to format and press Ctrl+Space to quickly clear the formatting from the selected cells.
What formula do I use to add in Excel?
The exact formula you use will depend on the specific calculations you are trying to make. Some of the most common formulas for adding cells in Excel are the SUM, SUMIF, and SUMIFS functions.
How to switch two columns in Excel?
1. Select the two columns you want to switch by left-clicking on the column headers.
2. Right-click on one of the selected column headers and click "Cut."
3. Right-click on the column header adjacent to where you want the column moved and click "Insert Cut Cells."
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the second column.