How do you freeze a section in Excel?
To freeze a section in Excel, you can use the freeze panes feature. To do this, you should select the cell to the right of the columns you want to freeze and the cell below the rows you want to freeze, then go to the View tab and select Freeze Panes.
How to find unique values in a column in Excel?
The easiest way to find unique values in a column in Excel is to use the built-in “Remove Duplicates” feature. To do this, highlight the column you wish to check, then go to the Data tab and click on “Remove Duplicates”. This will remove any duplicate values and leave only the unique values in the column.
How to highlight precedent or dependent cells in Excel?
1. To highlight precedent cells, select the the cell to which they are linked and then press “Ctrl+[“. This will highlight all the precedent cells related to the selected cell.
2. To highlight dependent cells, select the the cell with the formula and then press “Ctrl+]”. This will highlight all the dependent cells linked to that formula.
How do you insert a row and delete a column in Excel?
To insert a row in Excel, select the cell directly above where you want the new row to be. Then right-click the cell and select Insert. To delete a column in Excel, right-click the column heading and select Delete.
How to use date calendar in Excel?
1. Open your Excel workbook and select an empty cell to insert your calendar.
2. Go to the Insert tab and select Date picker from the Form Controls section.
3. Click and drag the inserted date picker to the desired location in your worksheet.
4. Select the cell next to the calendar and enter a year.
5. In the Date Picker dialogue box, click the Date Format dropdown menu and select the desired format.
6. Click OK to save the changes. The calendar will now be displayed in the desired format.
7. To select a date from the calendar, just click the desired date in the calendar. The date will be automatically inserted into the selected cell.
Why is my Excel workbook not opening?
The most likely reason your Excel workbook is not opening is because it is either corrupted or opened by a different version of Excel. You can try repairing the file by going to File > Info and clicking the "Repair" button, or saving the file as an earlier version of Excel. Other possible causes could be that your computer does not have sufficient resources to open the file, or it is password protected.
How to import data from PDF to Microsoft Excel?
1. Open Microsoft Excel with a blank spreadsheet, then go to "File" > "Open" and select the PDF document you want to import data from.
2. Once the document is open, you will see a prompt message asking you to select which information from the PDF you wish to import into the spreadsheet.
3. Select the data you need by ticking off the relevances boxes and then click "OK".
4. Excel will now import the data into the spreadsheet and you can manipulate it accordingly.
5. If the data does not appear as you would like it in the spreadsheet, you can use the ‘Text to Columns’ feature which is located in the ‘Data’ tab. Here you can adjust the settings so that the data appears in the desired format.
6. Finally, save the document and close it. Your data has now been successfully imported into Excel.
How do you get years from date in Excel?
You can use the YEAR function to get the year of a date in Excel. To use the YEAR function, type "=YEAR(date)" into a cell and replace "date" with the cell containing the date, or directly type in the date in the parentheses. This will give you the year for a specific date.