How to make a thermometer chart in Excel?
1. Prepare your data: Start by gathering the data you would like to use for the chart. You will need three columns of data: one that contains the categories or labels of the thermometer, one that contains the minimum values of each category, and one that contains the actual values of the data.
2. Create your chart: Open a new worksheet, select the three columns of data and then click the ‘Insert’ tab in the ribbon. Select ‘Chart’ and then select ‘Line’ from the drop-down menu.
3. Format your chart: Select the chart, click the ‘Design’ tab in the ribbon, then select ‘Change Chart Type’. Select ‘Area’ from the Chart Type list and click ‘OK’.
4. Add the thermometer image: Click the ‘Format’ tab in the ribbon and select the ‘Shape Fill’ option. Select the ‘Picture’ option, click ‘File’, search for a thermometer image, click ‘Insert’ and you will have added the image to your chart.
5. Set the minimum and maximum values: Right-click the chart and select ‘Format Data Series’. Select ‘Axes’ in the left pane and set the ‘Minimum’ and ‘Maximum’ values to the lowest and highest numbers from the data respectively.
6. Adjust the size and position: Select the chart, click on the image, then drag and drop it to the desired size and position then click the ‘Format’ tab in the ribbon. Select the ‘Align’ or ‘Size’ option to adjust it further.
How to get Excel to number rows?
1. Open the Excel file that you want to edit.
2. Click on the cell you want to begin numbering from.
3. Click the "Auto Fill" button and select "Fill Series" from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the correct increment that you want your numbering to start at, default is 1.
5. Click "OK" to apply the settings and the column will begin automatically numbering.
How do I just show minutes and seconds in Excel?
1. Highlight the column that contains the time you want to display as minutes and seconds.
2. Right-click the column and select Format Cells.
3. Click the Number tab in the Format Cells window.
4. Select Custom from the Category list and type [m]:ss in the Type field.
5. Click OK to apply the formatting.
How to make a rose chart in Excel?
1. Begin by creating a column for each category of your data.
2. Enter the data in each column.
3. Select all of the columns that contain your data.
4. Go to the “Insert” tab and click on the “Recommended Charts” button.
5. In the window that pops up, choose the “Pie” category and click on the “Rose” chart.
6. Click “OK” on the Chart Design window to finalize your chart.
7. Format the chart by adding titles and labels.
8. Optionally, right-click on the chart and choose “Format Data Series…” to customize it further.
How do I move between sheets in Excel?
You can move between sheets in Excel by clicking on the sheet name tabs at the bottom of your workbook. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl +Pg Up or Ctrl +Pg Down to quickly move between worksheets.Yes, Access keys can be used as a shortcut to move quickly between sheets in Excel. On a Windows computer, press the Alt key, followed by a letter corresponding to the tab you want to move to. In Mac OS, press Ctrl+Option+Letter instead.The shortcut to switch between worksheets in Excel is Ctrl+Page Up to go to the previous sheet, and Ctrl+Page Down to go to the next sheet.1. Select the tab of the sheet you want to switch to at the bottom of the workbook.
2. Right-click on the tab, then select “Move or Copy”
3. In the Move or Copy dialog box, select the destination workbook where the sheet should be moved and click the “OK” button.
4. The sheet will move to the destination workbook.To quickly jump between two tabs in Excel, use the CTRL+Page Up and CTRL+Page Down shortcuts. Both of these shortcuts will move you up or down one sheet in an Excel file.
How to change data types in Excel?
1. Select the cell or range of cells containing data you wish to change.
2. Click the Home tab and select the cell or range of cells.
3. In the Number section, select the desired data type from the list.
For example, if you want to change a cell to show numeric values without any formatting, select “General” as the data type.
4. After making your selection, all the data in the cells will be automatically converted to the chosen data type.
How to load excel in Power BI?
1. Open Power BI, then click on the "Get Data" button in the Home ribbon.
2. Select the "Excel" option from the list of data sources.
3. Navigate to the location of your Excel file and select it.
4. Select the sheets and ranges that you want to import into Power BI. (Optional)
5. Click the "Load" button to load the Excel file into Power BI.
What are the benefits of using a weekly planner template in Excel?
1. Increased Efficiency: Using a weekly planner template in Excel can help you quickly organize your week, allowing you to plan ahead for upcoming tasks, events, and appointments.
2. Improved Productivity: Having an organized schedule makes it easier to manage your workload, resulting in increased efficiency and productivity.
3. Reduced Stress: Being organized and having a clear view of your commitments can help alleviate stress and reduce your chances of making mistakes.
4. Track Progress: The ability to easily view the progress of your week can provide valuable insight into how you are using your time, what tasks are taking more time than expected, and what areas need improvement.
5. Better Organization: Having a system that easily allows you to categorize tasks and appointments can make your life much easier and improve your overall work performance.
How to stop calculating threads in Excel?
There is no way to stop calculating threads in Excel. However, you can try one or more of the following methods to reduce or avoid calculation issue:
1) Use Excel’s calculation options like “Automatic Calculation” or “Manual Calculation”.
2) Limit the number of volatile functions used in a formula.
3) Use array formulas or functions to reduce the number of calculations.
4) Disable iterative calculating option.
5) Avoid using extensive formulas that require data from multiple tables.
6) Simplify your formulas and use minimal numbers for cells and ranges.
Why does excel stop calculating 8 threads?
Excel may stop calculating 8 threads due to limitations on the available RAM and other resources in the system. Microsoft Excel supports calculations with up to 64 threads, but in some cases, such as a workbook with many complex formulas, 64 threads may overload the system. In such cases, Excel may limit the thread count automatically to prevent performance issues.