What is upsert in Excel?
Upsert is a combination of the words "update" and "insert." It refers to a feature in Microsoft Excel that allows users to add, update, or delete data from a table without having to manually enter data into each row or column. For example, with upsert, a user can add names to a spreadsheet without having to manually enter the information into each cell.
How to convert number stored as text to number in Excel?
1. Select the text cells containing the numbers you want to convert.
2. On the Home tab, in the Number group, click the arrow next to the Number Format box, and then click General.
3. The text numbers should now be converted to numbers.
How to identify each row in Excel worksheet using numbers?
To identify each row in an Excel worksheet using numbers, use the function =ROW(). This function returns the row number that is associated with the cell you have selected. For example, if you select cell A1, the =ROW() function will return 1, which is the row number of cell A1.
How to calculate discount percentages in Excel?
To calculate a discount percentage in Excel, you will need to start by entering the original cost in a cell. Then, subtract the desired discount amount or percentage from the cost to get the discounted cost. Finally, divide the discount amount by the original cost and multiply by 100 to calculate the discount percentage. To do this in Excel, use the formula: =(discount amount/original cost)*100.
How to trace dependents in Excel?
1. To trace dependents in Excel, select the Formulas tab on the Ribbon and then click on the “Show Formulas” button in the ribbon. This will display all the formulas in the Excel sheet and will display arrows at the end of each formula showing which cells are used in the formula.
2. Trace Precedents. To find out from which cells the specified cell takes its data from, click the cell and then select the “Trace Precedents” option from the Formulas tab. Excel will display blue arrows to the precedent cells. Click on any blue arrow to trace a single cell back to its source.
3. Trace Dependents. To find which cells depend on the specified cell, select the cell and then select “Trace Dependents” option from the Formulas tab. Excel will display red arrows to the dependent cells. Click on any red arrow to trace a single cell forward to its dependents.
4. Use the “Show Dependency Tree” Option. The Show Dependency Tree option traces all the precedents and dependents cells for the specified cell. Select the cell you wish to inspect and then select the “Show Dependency Tree” option from the Formulas tab. A new window will open showing the dependency tree for the cell.
How do you remove a header and footer in Excel?
1. Open the Excel spreadsheet and click on the “Page Layout” tab.
2. In the Page Setup group, click the “Header/Footer” button.
3. Select the “Remove Header” or “Remove Footer” button at the bottom of the Header and Footer dialog box.
4. Click “OK.” Your header and/or footer will be removed from the Excel spreadsheet.
How to unhide certain columns in Excel?
1. Select the columns on either side of the hidden columns.
2. Go to the Home tab.
3. Select the Format option.
4. Select the Unhide option.
5. The hidden columns will now be visible.
How to create custom excel templates?
1. Open the Microsoft Office program of your choice and select File > New.
2. In the search box, type “template” and select the “Templates” option to view the template categories.
3. Select the “Excel Templates” option and choose the type of template you need.
4. Enter the data you need on your template and customize the design according to your requirements.
5. Add images, symbols, and shapes as required to make it look professional.
6. Save your template with a unique name.
7. When you need to use the template again, simply select File > Open, select the location of the template, and select it.
What is summarize in Excel?
Summarize in Excel is a feature that can help to quickly summarize a range of data by creating a totals row, column, or table. It allows you to easily calculate the total, average, minimum, maximum, and other summary statistics of a range of data. It is a useful feature that can save time by quickly generating summary data.
How to refresh external data in Excel 2007?
1. Open the spreadsheet containing the external data.
2. Go to the Data tab.
3. Click on "Connections" and select the external data source that you want to refresh.
4. Click "Refresh All" from the "Connections" ribbon. The data will be updated.