How to install CentOS 7 alongside Windows 10 dual boot?
1. Download CentOS 7 ISO and create a Bootable USB Drive:
You will need to download the ISO file of CentOS 7 from its official website. After that, use the Rufus tool to create a bootable USB drive of CentOS.
2. Back up your Data:
Before you start the installation process, it’s important that you back up all your data to a secure location in case anything goes wrong during the installation.
3. Shrink the Windows 10 Volume:
Now you need to free up enough disk space for CentOS 7. To do this, launch the Disk Management utility in Windows 10 (press Windows key + X and select Disk Management) and shrink the Windows 10 partition to create unallocated space.
4. Boot from USB and Begin CentOS 7 Installation:
Now plug in the bootable USB drive and boot your computer using it. From the boot menu, select “Install CentOS Linux” and press the Enter key. The installation program will start automatically.
5. Configure the CentOS 7 Installation:
In the installation program, select the language and click “Continue”. On the next screen, click “Install CentOS Linux 7”. On the next screen, select “I will install the operating system later” and click “Continue”. On the next screen, select “Manual” and click “Continue”.
6. Select Unallocated Space and Create a Partition for CentOS 7:
Now from the partition management window, select the unallocated space that you had created earlier and click the “Create” link to create a partition for CentOS 7.
7. Configuration of Boot Loader:
On the next screen, select the correct disk where CentOS 7 is being installed and click “Continue”. On the next screen, select the “Standard Boot Loader” option and click “Continue”.
8. Configure network and Date/Time Settings:
Now configure the network settings for CentOS 7 and set the correct date and time.
9. Completion of Installation:
After the installation is finished, remove the USB drive and restart your computer. You will now be able to boot into either Windows 10 or CentOS 7.
What is the exit code in Linux?
The exit code in Linux is a number that indicates the success or failure of a command that has been executed. The exit code is returned to the shell after the process terminates, and for most commands, the exit code will be 0 if the command was successful, and a non-zero value if the command failed.
What is a Linux based operating system?
Linux is a Unix-like operating system that was created by Linus Torvalds in 1991, based on the Linux kernel. It is an open source, free operating system that can be used on a variety of different hardware, including desktops, laptops, servers, and embedded systems.
How do I start a game in Linux?
To start a game in Linux, first install the game of your choice. This is usually a simple process involving downloading the game's files, then running the installation package. Once that's done, you can open the game and start playing. Some games may require additional steps before you can play, such as downloading and installing game patches.
Which Linux OS is best?
The answer to this question depends on what type of use you will be making of the Linux operating system. There is no single "best" Linux OS, as different versions are better suited to different uses. Popular Linux distributions such as Ubuntu, Debian, and Fedora offer a range of features and stability that can meet most user needs. Additionally, specialized distributions such as Kali Linux are designed for security and penetration testing.
How to install GitLab on Linux?
1. Download and install the required packages:
First, you will need to install the required packages such as curl, openssl, ca-certificates, postfix, and git. Depending on the Linux distribution you are using, run the appropriate command to install the package:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install -y curl openssl ca-certificates postfix git
$ sudo yum update
$ sudo yum install -y curl openssl ca-certificates postfix git
2. Download and install the GitLab package:
Download the package of the latest version of GitLab available for your distribution. At the time of writing this article, the latest version of GitLab is 12.8.4. Check the release page for the latest version and download it using the wget or curl command:
$ wget https://packages.gitlab.com/install/repositories/gitlab/gitlab-ce/script.rpm.sh
Once the package is downloaded, run it using the following command to set up the repository for GitLab:
$ sudo bash script.rpm.sh
This will set up the GitLab repository so that we can install GitLab.
3. Install GitLab:
Once the repository is enabled, update the apt-cache index and then install GitLab with the following command:
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install gitlab-ce
By default, GitLab will be installed on port 80.
4. Configure and start GitLab:
Once the installation is complete, you need to configure and start GitLab by running the following command:
$ sudo gitlab-ctl reconfigure
This will configure and start the GitLab services, and you will be able to access it from your web browser.
How to install Wireshark on Ubuntu operating system?
1. First, open up a terminal window in your Ubuntu operating system.
2. Update the package lists and install prerequisite packages by executing the following command: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install -y libpcap-dev
3. Next, download the latest version of Wireshark for Ubuntu from their website using the “wget” command: wget https://1.as.wireshark.org/linux/wireshark-3.4.0.tar.xz
4. Extract the downloaded Wireshark package with the “tar” command: tar xvf wireshark-3.4.0.tar.xz
5. Navigate to the extracted Wireshark directory: cd wireshark-3.4.0/
6. Run the configuration script in order to prepare Wireshark for compilation: ./configure
7. Compile and install Wireshark by executing the following command: make && sudo make install
8. Finally, add your user to the wireshark group so that you can use Wireshark without root privileges: sudo usermod -a -G wireshark $USER
9. Reboot the system to apply changes: sudo reboot
What is better, Linux CentOS or Ubuntu?
The answer to this question depends on your specific needs and preferences. Linux CentOS is generally considered to be a more reliable and secure operating system, while Ubuntu is more user-friendly and offers a wider range of software packages. Ultimately, it is up to the user to decide which one is better for their particular situation.
What is a label in Linux?
In Linux, a label is a name given to a filesystem in order to distinguish it from others. Labels are used to manage and keep track of multiple filesystems on a Linux system. They provide a convenient way to refer to filesystems without having to remember exact mount points or device names.
How to install Tomcat in Linux and Ubuntu?
1. To install Tomcat on Linux and Ubuntu systems, you will need to first update your system. Use the following command in your terminal window to update your system:
sudo apt-get update
2. Once your system is updated, download the Tomcat .tar.gz archive using wget command from tomcat.apache.org:
3. Now, create a directory to store Tomcat archive:
4. Move the downloaded Tomcat tar to the newly created directory:
mv apache-tomcat-* ~/tomcat
5. Extract the tar file in the tomcat directory:
tar xvfz apache-tomcat-*tar.gz
6. Tomcat is now ready to be used. To start Tomcat server, open your terminal and execute the following command:
7. You can access the Tomcat server in your browser, using the URL: http://localhost:8080
8. To stop Tomcat server, type the following command in your terminal: